Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Spotlight on STEAMPUNK.

STEAMPUNK is a sub-genre of science fiction, alternate history, and speculative fiction that came into prominence during the 1980s and early 1990s.[1] Specifically, steampunk involves an era or world where steam power is still widely used—usually the 19th century and often Victorian era Britain—that incorporates prominent elements of either science fiction or fantasy. Works of steampunk often feature anachronistic technology or futuristic innovations as Victorians may have envisioned them; in other words, based on a Victorian perspective on fashion, culture, architectural style, art, etc

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk)


I am fascinated by the aesthetics of this idea of Steampunk... 
The people out there creating this stuff are amazingly creative.  They are making everything from computers to jewellery using materials that fit in with this very industrial, victorian idea.  





dress              

I would definitely wear this :)
                                                                                       









I especially love the jewellery...








There is even Steampunk Art! 
I love it!






The intricacies of these pieces are truly stunning! 
The ideals may not be up everyones ally but you have to appreciate the craftsmanship...I personally am loving this whole trend :)

8 comments:

  1. hey, thanks for including my dress (alterecoclothing.etsy.com) in here, you should link to the items though ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for the comment. If you click on the link "dress" directly below the pic, it redirects to your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    This is a kick ass blog. I am a huge fan of steampunk style and this blog rocks some bitchin shit.
    Thanks for inspiring me to get some good ideas for my art.

    Peace.
    Darieus L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! That's always awesome to hear :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problemo. Keep on rockin it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mellisa,

    you are beautiful! your site exudes a sense of elegance and beauty that must come from your mind and soul. I'm thankful for stumbling upon something/someone that speaks directly to mine own soul.

    -Unmei Kitsune

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!
    Thats one of the nicest compliments I've received in a while!

    I'm always looking to inspire :) I'm just sad now that I don't have time to post more often!

    Thanks again!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the PC, but i bet the connection is slow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis